We're building a list of LGBTTQQIAAPF-friendly service providers in Monterey County, from health services to event vendors. The more information we have, the better! If you'd like to add your organization to the list, please email our web developers here.
Local LGBT Friendly Congregations
These local congregations make it a point to be welcoming to all:
Local LGBT friendly Therapists/Counselors
Intimacy, Sexuality and Gender Center (ISGC) of Monterey
Stephen L. Braveman, LMFT, DST has been an LGBTQ advocate since 1992 here in the Monterey Bay Area. The Monterey Transitional Support Group meets once a month. This group is a safe and confidential support group addressing the needs of trans women, trans men, gender queer, gender non-conforming and intersex people. Pre-op, post-op and non-op warmly welcomed. Our group meets the WPATH Standards of Care.
This group requires an intake appointment, so please call Wanda Braveman at 831.375.7553 for more information and to schedule your appointment.
Kristina Baker Hart at Community Human Services
Kristina Baker Hart is the clinician providing outreach for the Counseling and Therapy Services (CATS) program at Community Human Services. These services are funded and designed to serve the counseling needs of both the LGBTQ community and those whose lives have been impacted by HIV. Our services come at no charge to Monterey County residents regardless of health insurance status. Our counseling staff includes both licensed and unlicensed/clinically supervised therapists and social workers. Services are available in both English and Spanish. We seek to provide a supportive, safe and confidential counseling space in both our Salinas and Seaside locations. For more information, please call (831) 757-7915 x002 or email email@example.com.
Shine A Light Counseling Center
We are a non-profit counseling center in Santa Cruz, Watsonville and Monterey, California. Our goal is to provide high quality yet affordable psychotherapy and counseling services to individuals, couples, families and groups. We provide services on a sliding scale, meaning that our fees are based upon your income. Our services are provided by Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Master's level Interns and Trainees who are under the supervision of a licensed therapist.
We would love to answer any questions you may have, or schedule an appointment to meet with you. Simply call or send us an email today!
Monterey Area PrEP Information
Below is a list of Providers who have knowledge and experience with PrEP. Please contact to verify before visiting, as circumstance to change.
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte – Seaside Office, 625 Hilby Ave., Seaside, CA 93955, 831-394-1619
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte – Salinas Office, 316 North Main St., Salinas 93901, 831-758-8261
- Martha Blum, MD, Peninsula Primary Care, 275 The Crossroads, Suite A, Carmel, CA 93923, (831) 718-9701
- Jose Pauda, MD, Costa Central Medical Group, 323 N Sanborn Rd., Salinas, 93905, (831) 751-6200
- Stephen Saglio, MD, Valle Verde Medical Group, 1332 Natividad Rd. #C, Salinas, CA 93906, (831) 754-1544
- Montage Medical Group, 23845 Holman HWY, Suite 210, Monterey, CA 93923, (831) 620-0700
- Santa Cruz Health Center, 1080 Emeline Ave., Santa Cruz, CA 95060, (831) 454-4100
- Anastasia Klick, MD/MPH. Salinas Valley Medical Clinic PrimeCare, 355 Abbott Street, Suite 100, Salinas, CA, 93901. Phone (831) 757-3041. http://www.svmchealth.com/Our-Locations/SVMC-PrimeCare2.aspx
This list was provided by George Beach on October 7th, 2017. If you have questions regarding your health insurance, please feel free to contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.gbeachinsurance.com/